Welcome to our discussion forum!

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-19 10:19:27

Domenico

Suicide Of Europe

Dear all,
please have a look at the new "Suicide of Europe" variant rules just posted at

http://www.banquetdesgeneraux.com/article147.html

Unlike most of the other sets of rules published, Suicide Of Europe includes alterations to the core mechanics, so that play is significantly impacted; not quite the same game as PoG.
The variant includes over 120 new cards, new Economic and Political actions, Army re-organisation, Fort construction, Foreign aid and Diplomacy.
Most of the strategic interference from the end-of-turn phase is removed: as play proceeds in a continuous flow it now matters little whether play is at round 1 or at round 6.
Hand size is stabilised, you will no longer draw seven cards at once; rather, you will draw about one card per round...
Suicide of Europe also adopts various alternative rules designed and published by other authors, many of which from the most excellent Banquet des Généraux website.

Given the number and impact of all alterations, the only way to present this variant is to publish it as a whole rulebook (rules altered are shown in blue).

A Suicide of Europe cyberboard box with all of the new cards and counters, as well as map alterations is currently being developed: this will be posted as soon as ready.

I hope you will have as much fun playing Suicide of Europe as I had designing it, and that it may trigger a heated debate on the various solutions proposed.

Your comments and feedback will be most welcome.
Domenico

#2 2007-09-24 11:55:53

Domenico

Re: Suicide Of Europe

I am working on a revised cyberboard box for the Suicide of Europe variant.
This will be posted as soon as ready (timing partly depends on the interference of resident evil wife).
I will let you know as soon as this is posted.

#3 2007-12-13 16:31:20

Domenico

Re: Suicide Of Europe

Dear all,
thanks to the help of our Guru, the Suicide of Europe - Alpha version is now posted under PoG Resources.
This version includes new rules and cards as well as the cyberboard gamebox and Suicide of Europe scenario.
I have also commissioned the preparation of a help-file wil the rules and full self references: this will also be posted as soon as complete.
I hope you enjoy trying what is effectively a new game and not quite the usual PoG.
Please let me know if you encounter any difficulties using these materials or if you'd like any clarification as to the intended interpretation of any of the rules, and I will try to help.
Also, please alert me in case you find anything that seems wrong or not to be working properly.
Finally, and most importantly, I look forward to your feedback and to hopefully long and passionate discussions around the merits of the various solutions proposed.
I wish all a happy holiday season and hope you can carve out the time to try "Suicide of Europe" soon.

Board footer